Now Playing:

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Seaside


This weekend we wanted to see the Oregon coast. We left after church on Sunday and drove about 1 and a half hours to Seaside. It is a charming little old beach town, with an array of taffy shops, arcades, cafes, and plenty of quirky people to keep us entertained for the day! When we arrived I literally gasped when I saw the beach. I forgot how fortunate I was living so close to the ocean before. (What can I say, I will always be a Southern California girl!) The kids saw the white capped waves (it was quite windy and rainy when we arrived) and quickly realized we wouldn't be playing in the water. They were disappointed. They also love the beach. We walked along the beach and found some washed up crabs, cool shells and some swings, so it was still a great time. We are looking forward to checking out another beach city called Astoria, which is about 20 miles north of Seaside. It has an extremely deep port, I believe it has to do with the Columbia River draining into the ocean right there. We have so many opportunities I want to enjoy as many of them, as often as possible. LIVE LIFE the way God intended. Wherever we end up I will be blessed to be with my family, living, loving, laughing, crying, each day spent with them is such a tremendous joy!

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Lovely!
You can almost pretend like you're up around the Bodega Bay area...all foggy and windy...like when we're camping in the fall.
BTW...pumpkin spice tarts remind me of your house...I'll miss it this fall...hmm...maybe next fall ;)

Hugs
Nik

Unknown said...

oh man the wind looks killer, i bet its nice when summer's just starting though!