Now Playing:

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patching







Some good friends of Becky's live very near our home, the Roloff's. She was not only friends but neighbors of the TLC family. Well I am pleased to say that we are now the new friends/neighbors of the Roloff's and the kids and I decided to pay their farm a visit and pick up some pumpkins while we were there. We left the house on Friday afternoon, it was so sunny and warm, nothing at all what I anticipated for pumpkin picking in Oregon. We drove through a rural part of Hillsboro to the farm. It was so picturesque. It almost seemed like a painting in certain places. Once we arrived we were greeted by a friendly Amy Roloff and proceeded to the pumpkin patch where the kids and I were determined to find perfect, plump, pumpkins. An hour later we carried out four pumpkins and headed home. Once home, the pumpkins, that seemed average size on a huge farm were larger than expected. No worries we had dad carry them up stairs! We are looking forward to carving them up and giving our pumpkins perky personality.

3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

I LOVE the pic of you and Keelyn
.....she looks so GROWN UP!!
and what great bangs....lol...of course I noticed!
You guys are loved! Mix up some cocoa for us too.....Muah
PS you So need to spread some bloggy cheer in the comment world ;)

Anonymous said...

See you guys in a week! Hope you let Amy know we'll be up for dinner and I want to be on TV.

The Shafer's said...

I'm soo jealous I love that show! I can't believe first Becky and now you!! ;) Looks like you guys had a blast!! and oh my goodness Keelyn does look so grown up!