Now Playing:

Monday, September 8, 2008

Waterfall Weekend


Last weekend we went and saw waterfalls near the Columbia River. We drove the historic Hwy 17 "King of Roads" as it is called. It is a scenic route along the river, with breathtaking vistas and of course waterfalls. I think there was 5 or 6 along the highway. We were all excited to see them. I don't think any of us have seen them in person before. We hiked trails and Keelyn collected leaves along the way. She has begun classifying them at home (with the help of Northwest Tree Guide for children) and told us she wants to be a "Nature Girl". We had a picnic and enjoyed a beautiful day.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I must say I'm a little envious of the beautiful scenery you guys have up there! So find all the cool places and then when we visit, you can take us around! :)

The Shafer's said...

Those pictures are awesome!! Looks like you guys are loving Oregon!!

Love,
Karla

Anonymous said...

ive become sort of a nature girl myself, what can i say, im surrounded by it :/
but on my birth certificate it says i was born in multnomah, i totally think thats cool you're in the area.
i miss you guys :(